Jeff Abrahamson on 27 Oct 2006 12:30:05 -0000

Re: [PLUG] backing up cds

Do any file names contains spaces or other characters that the shell
might (mis)interpret?  Try copying with rsync or at least the old tar
| tar method (followed by manual checksum comparison).

You should really use rsync to do any non-trivial amount of copying.
The probability of a bit (or even page) error on multi-gigabyte data
is positive.

-Jeff