Kevin Ruse on 6 Nov 2006 17:37:14 -0000

Re: [PLUG] First 24 hours with MacBook Pro (Core 2 Duo)

On 11/4/06, W. Chris Shank <shankwc@acetechgroup.com> wrote:
installed FireFox 2 and TB 1.5. I removed all the apple apps I won't use
(mail, safari, iWhatever) and added my stuff to the dock. I installed
Apple's X11 from the media. Then I went to darwinports and got their Port
app. From there I was able to install openvpn, gnome-terminal, much like
apt-get. I'm still working on getting the entire gnome desktop installed. If
you put X11 in fullscreen mode you can switch to X11 apps independently of
the OS X interface.

Since i mostly start x applications from other machines though ssh tunneling, i have found this program very useful in making it as seemless as possible on the mac.

http://xanana.ucsc.edu/xtal/Xterminator/