Jeff Abrahamson on 16 Nov 2006 20:13:56 -0000

Re: [PLUG] Exif alterations?

On Thu, Nov 16, 2006 at 01:41:04PM -0500, Pablo Tao Virgo wrote:
>   [19 lines, 113 words, 854 characters]  Top characters: _tinoalr
>
> I'm a long time user of Debian, currently running the testing version.

So you probably already typed "apt-cache search exif" and looked
through there, right?

> I'm wondering if there are any tools that could be used to alter
> exif information on JPEG files?

exiftran can change the comment field, but apparently not the date
field.

exiv2 looks like it can do what you want.

I'd be interested in hearing your eventual experiences with these
things after you play with them for a while.

> I have a large collection of photographic prints and negatives which
> I've started digitizing (by taking pictures of them with my digital
> camera) and would like to import into F-Spot, but I want to use the
> dates I actually took the film images rather than the date I decided
> to store them on the computer.

The classic big project, up there with ripping all CD's, etc. ;-)

Enjoy.

--
 Jeff

 Jeff Abrahamson  <http://jeff.purple.com/>          +1 215/837-2287