George Langford on 16 Nov 2006 21:07:37 -0000

[PLUG] Re: Printer hassles

Now it's CUPS hassles.

I found out where the PPD files are located, unzipped the one that the
Epson Stylus Photo 870 wants (escp2-870.ppd) and then reinstalled the
printer driver ... countless times.  At every instance, when I invoke
"lpoptions -l" it says: "lpoptions: Destination /dev/usb has no PPD file!"

Now I have copied escp2-870.ppd into three locations:

     /dev/usb/escp2-870.ppd
     /usr/share/cups/model/escp2-870.ppd
     /etc/cups/ppd/escp2-870.ppd

In none of which can "lpoptions -l" find the PPD file that it's expecting.

Where does the PPD file go, and have I used the correct one ? Do I have to
rename it to match the name that I assign in CUPS to the actual device ?

Thanks,
George
George Langford