Jeff Abrahamson on 16 Nov 2006 22:24:20 -0000

[PLUG] loopback mounting fs images

Mount in general denies its services to non-privileged users unless
explicit authorization is made in /etc/fstab.

I'd like to be able to mount filesystem images from an already mounted
filesystem without having to authorize myself specially.  I don't
think this is possible, but I'm curious (1) if I'm wrong and it is
possible, and (2) what the security concerns of this would be as long
as mount restricted me to mounting files I own on mount-points I own
and didn't permit files in the newly mounted fs to have permissions or
ownership that I couldn't otherwise give them.

--
 Jeff

 Jeff Abrahamson  <http://jeff.purple.com/>          +1 215/837-2287