Will Dyson on 30 Nov 2006 19:04:22 -0000

Re: [PLUG] After dist_upgrade, kubuntu system won't boot

On 11/30/06, Art Alexion <art.alexion@verizon.net> wrote:
Will, thanks for trying to help with this. I really appreciate it.

You are welcome!

I tried this.  Hald still stalled and failed, and I still have 48 serial
ports.

By the way, this is not a laptop, but an older Compaq Deskpro.  Also Dapper,
not Edgy.

Oops. I was confused.

I am currently installing a new kernel to see if this solves the problem.

Yeah. That is your next best step. You might try the Edgy LiveCD if the download time is not an issue.

I would also consider taking this problem to LKML, to see if you can
find someone who knows the serial port setup code. Although not every
developer wants to help debug an older kernel.

But since Dapper is going to be around for several years, your effort
in looking into this problem will not be wasted! Please do file that
bug report!

--
Will Dyson
http://www.lucidts.com/