Art Alexion on 5 Dec 2006 15:21:42 -0000

Re: [PLUG] encyclopedia

On Monday 04 December 2006 19:53, gyoza@comcast.net wrote:
> gabriel rosenkoetter wrote:
> > On Sun, Dec 03, 2006 at 08:57:39PM -0500, gyoza@comcast.net wrote:
> >> Are there any computer-based encyclopedias that are know to work or not
> >> work on Linux?
> >

> > But I guess you're looking for not-necessarily-connected browsing?
>
> Yeah, I'm looking for something to use "off-line" and give as a gift.  I
> like to buy to own as opposed to paying for subscriptions.

Have you thought about trying one of the commercial CD/DVD base encyclopedias
using wine?  Wine is handling a lot of things well these days except where a
program requires IE for Internet access.

Art Alexion

Keyserver: hkp://subkeys.pgp.net
alarm.  Info @