sean finney on 30 Dec 2006 08:24:20 -0000

Re: [PLUG] Problems activating Squirrelmail on Apache2 on Debian testing

hey mike,

On Thu, 2006-12-28 at 21:08 -0500, Mike Leone wrote:
> When I browse to <http://10.0.0.20/testphp.php>, I get the test page,
> which tells me that php4 is running. (v 4.4.4-8)
>
> So then I install squirrelmail and squirrelmail-locales. I configure
> Squirrelmail, and I make a link to activate it
>
> ln -s /etc/squirrelmail/apache.conf etc/apache2/conf.d/squirrelmail.conf
>
> and restart apache.
>
> However, when I go to bring up the squirrelmail webpage
> <http://myip/squirrelmail>, my browser (IE or Firefox) wants to know
> what to do with a PHP file (application x-httpd-php). Web searches have
> been less than helpful.

if you wget the page, do you get the php source or the dynamic output?
there's a firefox "feature" having to do with it internally storing the
mime-type of a file when it shouldn't be.  if that's the case you can
nuke the cache and it'll reload.

otherwise, i'd need to see your apache configuration to see why php is
working on your test page but not some random subdirectory.

	sean (debian php maintainer, actually)