gyoza on 13 Jan 2007 01:01:04 -0000

Re: [PLUG] OT: OS X FTP

gabriel rosenkoetter wrote:
On Wed, Jan 10, 2007 at 10:04:20AM -0500, gyoza@comcast.net wrote:
What is a good FTP server for OS X? Ease of use is more important than special features.

Is that ease of use in a GUI sense on the server side or in a functionality sense on the client side?

Generally, I like lukemftp, and it's plenty simple enough that it
should build on Mac OS X (it's probably in darwinports, come to
think of it), but management isn't remotely pointy-clicky.

What's wrong with the one Apple includes for your purposes?

Hey, Gabriel. When I wrote that, I didn't know about the included ftp server. I just need something that will be easy for a non-technical user to control. The ftp users should have access to only their individual directories. I don't have OS X to play with, so all I can do is pass info along.