Stephen Gran on 2 Feb 2007 16:33:16 -0000

Re: [PLUG] Daylight Savings Time

On Fri, Feb 02, 2007 at 10:01:46AM -0500, Doug Crompton said:
> Is there a general Daylight Savings Time patch for Linux? I am running an
> older version that I do not get updates for anymore. I suppose this is
> handled in the Kernel. Is there a way to at least turn it off?

As has been pointed out, this is a glibc, rather than a kernel, issue.

> This is changed to March 11 this year and if I manually change it then it
> will change again on the old date. This is a big problem worldwide,
> especially in equipment that has it imbedded in firmware.

That's probably an argument against using equipment that isn't
upgradeable :)
|  Stephen Gran                  | Don't stop to stomp ants when the       |
|  steve@lobefin.net             | elephants are stampeding.               |