TuskenTower on 9 Feb 2007 22:38:30 -0000

Re: [PLUG] BitTorrant and routers

D-links aren't that bad.  Their wireless power output could be better.
So far, I have installed 6 DI-624s and a DI-524 in various family
homes.  The first one to go was the DI-624 at my home.  It was roughly
2.5 yrs old and definitely not the oldest in the group.

I second Will's suggestion to get a router that supports OpenWRT or a
similar open source firmware.  Don't worry about buying a 802.11N
router if you aren't sure.  You can always upgrade later and keep the
802.11G/B router for your guests and free-loaders.

HTH
Amul