Matthew Rosewarne on 17 Feb 2007 22:23:11 -0000

Re: [PLUG] The filesystem question...

It's not that I expect anything to be free of bugs, but it does seem that XFS
has more and nastier bugs than some other filesystems, which the kernel.org
BTS seems to confirm.  However, I'm almost sure that more users use XFS than
JFS, which will skew the number of bug reports, but that also means that
perhaps bugs are more likely to be caught?

Also, I got the impression that JFS was faster than ext3 from what I've seen
on the web.  It also seems to have relatively low CPU load compared to XFS,
which is good for a laptop.

If only this was as simple now as it was a year or two ago, when Reiser4 was
shaping up to be the clear winner.