Art Alexion on 1 Mar 2007 14:17:56 -0000

Re: [PLUG] Evolution vs. Thunderbird

On Wednesday 28 February 2007 16:31, Alex Launi wrote:
> I'm waiting for kde4 to give kde a second chance, it's too ugly for me
> right now and aesthetics are important to me. I want my desktop to look
> good as well as be functional and gnome is functional .. enough. At
> least for right now and I definitely think it looks better.

That's too bad because you may like kontact's nice integration of mail,
contacts, calendar, todo, journal, notes, newsreader, rss, palm pilot sync,
crytography, etc.  It is quite modular, and you only have to include the
modules you need.  Moreover, when I fire it up to check my mail, the
calendar, etc. are not loaded unless I actually access them.  I found that
with evolution, it was an all or nothing thing with the components, and they
all seemed to load into memory when the wrapper program launched.

Art Alexion

Keyserver: hkp://subkeys.pgp.net
alarm.  Info @