John Lavin on 7 Mar 2007 02:24:20 -0000

Re: [PLUG] problems delivering e-mail to verizon domain

jeff said:
> Congrats.
Thanks.  Hope it stays delivering mail

> Here's an update from my domain.
> We were on Verizon's blacklist.  After months, we got off.
> Two weeks later, we were back on.
> A coworker called and they assured us we were off.  We watched a message
> go through.
> Today we're back on the blacklist.

On the plus side, one thing that I found crawling through logs is that
somebody in Turkey was using on of my domain's forum software to sign up
bogus userids with e-mail addresses with real domains, and bogus ids.  I
think that may be how some domains got fed up with my domain (we send
out a confirmation e-mail to the specified address).  I think this is
how I got on somebody's Tarpit list - lots of bogus e-mail attempts.

> Verizon could throw itself to the ground and miss.

They're my new least favorite domain, displacing aol.

--
John Lavin <jlavin@linuxtech.com>

When the rich make war, its the poor that die. --Jean-Paul Sarte