Doug Crompton on 12 Mar 2007 00:33:14 -0000

Re: [PLUG] Sun March 11...here!

Well my unix and Windows computers worked fine, since I had applied
updates.

My SIP phone needs a new rule which I did not get to yet.

My 'atomic' clocks worked fine. How is that? How did they know
the change? You set timezone on these things. I guess Boulder send out the
corrected time?

My VCR's were a no go. They are still on EST. I had called Channel 12
awhile back on this and the engineer there claimed they send out actual
time - e.g. follow EST/DST. Either that is not true or they screwed up.
If that is not true then the autoset is useless as there is no way to set
rules in these things. Anyone else having trouble with TV settable
devices?

This is all so bogus. There has to be a better standard way to do this.
Having rules and settings in devices is just not the way to do it.
Especially devices that get set locally. Cell Phones are a good example.
They just follow the time of the cell they are in. You can drive across
timezone boundries and watch it change.

Doug

*  Doug Crompton	   *
*  Richboro, PA 18954	   *