Doug Crompton on 12 Mar 2007 02:29:49 -0000

Re: [PLUG] Sun March 11...here!

On Mon, 12 Mar 2007, Stephen Gran wrote:

> > My 'atomic' clocks worked fine. How is that? How did they know the
> > change? You set timezone on these things. I guess Boulder sends
> > out the corrected time?
>
> 'atomic' clocks (by which I assume you mean clocks serving time over the
> network, whether by ntp or some other protocol) generally just serve
> ctime, and let the receiving machine figure out it's time zone.

No, I meant RF set clocks, often called 'Atomic', which set on a VLF
signal from Boulder, CO.  Actually they gave wrist watches that set this
way now also. The local clock has a TZ setting but no DST rules. Therefore
I presume the adjustment must be in base time that is sent.

Grandstream 200 DSt rule - 3,2,7,2,0;11,1,7,2,0;60

Doug

*  Doug Crompton	   *
*  Richboro, PA 18954	   *
*  215-431-6307		   *