Art Alexion on 12 Apr 2007 15:32:53 -0000

Re: [PLUG] Debian update errors, untrusted sources, GPG missing keys

On Thursday 12 April 2007 02:31, sean finney wrote:
> On Wed, 2007-04-11 at 22:09 -0400, Isaac Bennetch wrote:
> > Greetings, I'm having some trouble with my Debian unstable box. This
> > has been going on for some time, it's not directly related to the
> > recent release of etch as the stable (4.0) version.
> >
> > When in aptitude, if I "update" I get:
> > GPG error: http://non-us.debian.org stable/non-US Release: The
> > following signatures couldn't be verified because the public key is
> > not available: NO_PUBKEY F1D53D8C4F368D5D
>
> just fyi, non-us is not used any longer, plus if you're using unstable
> you couldn't use software from it anyway.  try removing the line from
> your sources.list and see what errors/warnings you have left.

but if it was a good repository, you would first retrieve the key.  Sometimes
its posted on the repository web page or on a keyserver.

If it is on a keyserver do
	gpg --keyserver subkeys.pgp.net --recv KEY
Replace subkeys.pgp.net with another keyserver if that is not the right one.
Replace KEY with F1D53D8C4F368D5D or whatever key you want to retrieve.  Once
you have successfully retrieved the key, do
	gpg --export --armor KEY | apt-key add -
again replacing the KEY with the key ID.  You have to be root to execute
apt-key.

If you downloaded the key via http from a web site, just
	apt-key add PATH_TO_DOWNLOADED_KEY

You should then be fine.

Art Alexion

Keyserver: hkp://subkeys.pgp.net