Isaac Bennetch on 12 Apr 2007 19:49:30 -0000

Re: [PLUG] Debian update errors, untrusted sources, GPG missing keys

Thanks for your thoughts, removing the non-us sources does eliminate
the GPG error message but my "to be upgraded" packages are all still
untrusted. When updating, I get this error: unstable Release.gpg [ERROR]
Data socket timed out [IP: 21]

Here is my sources.list in case it's causing trouble:
deb unstable main non-free contrib
deb-src unstable main non-free contrib
deb stable/updates main contrib non-free

On 4/12/07, sean finney <> wrote:
On Wed, 2007-04-11 at 22:09 -0400, Isaac Bennetch wrote:
> Greetings, I'm having some trouble with my Debian unstable box. This
> has been going on for some time, it's not directly related to the
> recent release of etch as the stable (4.0) version.
> When in aptitude, if I "update" I get:
> GPG error: stable/non-US Release: The
> following signatures couldn't be verified because the public key is
> not available: NO_PUBKEY F1D53D8C4F368D5D

just fyi, non-us is not used any longer, plus if you're using unstable
you couldn't use software from it anyway.  try removing the line from
your sources.list and see what errors/warnings you have left.