Mike Leone on 30 Apr 2007 15:58:54 -0000

Re: [PLUG] Pinning certain packages in Debian testing ...

This doesn't work, in my preferences file ...

   Package: postfix
   Pin: release a=testing
   Pin-Priority: 2000

   Package: postfix-pcre
   Pin: release a=testing
   Pin-Priority: 2000

   Package: postfix-ldap
   Pin: release a=testing
   Pin-Priority: 2000

When I go to install a package, I get:

root@cliff-claven:/etc/apt# aptitude install logcheck logcheck-database
Reading package lists... Done
E: Invalid record in the preferences file, no Package header
E: Invalid record in the preferences file, no Package header

I took my pinning example from
<http://www.debian.org/doc/manuals/reference/ch-package.en.html>

sean finney (seanius@seanius.net) had this to say on 04/30/07 at 11:22: