sean finney on 30 Apr 2007 22:05:59 -0000

Re: [PLUG] Pinning certain packages in Debian testing ...

On Mon, 2007-04-30 at 11:52 -0400, Mike Leone wrote:
> This doesn't work, in my preferences file ...
>
>    Package: postfix
>    Pin: release a=testing
>    Pin-Priority: 2000
>
>    Package: postfix-pcre
>    Pin: release a=testing
>    Pin-Priority: 2000
>
>    Package: postfix-ldap
>    Pin: release a=testing
>    Pin-Priority: 2000
>
> When I go to install a package, I get:
>
> root@cliff-claven:/etc/apt# aptitude install logcheck logcheck-database
> Reading package lists... Done
> E: Invalid record in the preferences file, no Package header
> E: Invalid record in the preferences file, no Package header

hrm... are you sure you don't have some kind of funny non-printing
character or something in the file?  maybe dos newlines instead of unix
newlines?  that set of prefs works fine on my box anyway...

	sean