Mike Leone on 1 May 2007 00:28:29 -0000

Re: [PLUG] Pinning certain packages in Debian testing ...

sean finney wrote:
On Mon, 2007-04-30 at 11:52 -0400, Mike Leone wrote:
This doesn't work, in my preferences file ...

Package: postfix
Pin: release a=testing
Pin-Priority: 2000
Package: postfix-pcre
Pin: release a=testing
Pin-Priority: 2000
Package: postfix-ldap
Pin: release a=testing
Pin-Priority: 2000

When I go to install a package, I get:

root@cliff-claven:/etc/apt# aptitude install logcheck logcheck-database
Reading package lists... Done
E: Invalid record in the preferences file, no Package header
E: Invalid record in the preferences file, no Package header

hrm... are you sure you don't have some kind of funny non-printing
character or something in the file?  maybe dos newlines instead of unix
newlines?  that set of prefs works fine on my box anyway...

That was it ... I think they were tabs or newlines in there ... seems to be working now. Thanks.

--
"a grotesque mixture of incompetence and sycophancy shielded by a genial personality"