mmalten on 15 May 2007 14:10:01 -0000

[PLUG] OT: reputable seller of refurbished/used laptops?

Apologies for going OT yet again, but you guys are the best source for this question.

Do any of you guys know of a good local source for used or refurbished laptops who will provide technical support for their work?

I'm asking because a friend of mine wants to buy a laptop.  He's a classic humanities technophobe, and I'm his go-to guy for tech help.  I'm trying to find him something that meets his financial and technical comfort zone (both limited).

He's used to XP.  I think he could get used to a Mac.  I don't think he'll be happy with Vista or Linux (even Ubuntu).

Any advice on where he could look for a cheap, reliable laptop?

Thanks in advance.

Mitch