Alex Launi on 23 May 2007 12:39:53 -0000

Re: [PLUG] Mother board/ Linux OS suggestions

Despite all of the Debian elitists on the plug mailing list I'm going to
put a good word in for Ubuntu. Ubuntu doesn't have the reputation Debian
has on the server, but that does not mean it's not a rock solid server
platform. I've been working with Ubuntu server for about a year and it's
rock solid, I have never seen it go down. Obviously this stability is
thanks to the Debian project for building such a great platform. Ubuntu
server is a very minimal install but you can put as much as you want on
it. Advantages of Debian vs. Ubuntu? Other than you get to be an elitist
bastard, not many. They're both good choices really.
- --Alex Launi
/"\
\ /    	    ASCII Ribbon Campaign
 X   Keep e-mail free of HTML and vCards