Matt Ayres on 25 May 2007 02:09:49 -0000

[PLUG] Job Opening - Senior System Administrator - Perkasie/Hilltown Area

-- Please feel free to forward this to opportunity to others --

TekTonic is currently looking for capable local candidates to work out of our Perkasie office. TekTonic is one of the leading hosting providers of Virtual Private Servers (VPS) and uses Virtuozzo for the underlying technology. More information on TekTonic and our services/technology used can be found at www.tektonic.net.

We are located at:
1000 E. Walnut St.
Perkasie, PA 18944

Do you have the talent to help drive our continued success? Is problem solving and making customers happy something you enjoy? Do you like working with the latest and greatest hardware and software? Come and join our team!
We're looking for individuals who are self starters, and are familiar or are extremely enthused with the hosting industry.

Job Description: The position is for a senior level system administrator who is primarily proficient in Linux (CentOS), but is also capable of handling Windows administration. Daily activities will be maintaining our server farm running the Virtuozzo software and underlying infrastructure (switches, backup servers, etc), projects of varying degrees, and high level (Tier 3) technical support.

The ideal candidate will possess the following skills: Passion for learning, ability to work interdependently of supervision, intimate knowledge of at least 1 scripting language (Perl preferred), excellent inter-personal and communication skills, the desire to be challenged on a daily basis, Linux OS and applications (apache, PHP, MySQL, IPtables, etc), Security applications (APF, BFD, DoS mitigation, etc), and Windows OS and applications (MSSQL, Exchange, SharePoint, RDP, etc).

Desired skills (not required): Previous hosting industry experience, Virtuozzo, HSPComplete, Plesk, cPanel, Exchange, and SharePoint.

No degree or certifications are required. Self taught candidates are welcome, as are those possessing formal degrees and certifications.

Applicant must be a U.S. Citizen.

Please send your resume (MS Word, HTML, text, or PDF formats will be accepted) and salary requirements to matta@tektonic.net. Successful candidates will be contacted by e-mail to schedule an interview. Salary is dependent on experience. Profit sharing is distributed via quarterly bonuses.

Thank you,
Matt Ayres
TekTonic