jeff on 6 Jun 2007 23:11:13 -0000

Re: [PLUG] Ubuntu Feisty WPA

Alex Launi wrote:
One would think that with such an easy solution a lot of documentation
would be unnecessary...

How about *some* documentation then?

It seems sometimes in the Linux world we tend to
overengineer the solutions to our problems.

and I have certainly been guilty of that.

Congrats on getting it
working, Ubuntu has done a good job with wireless.

it gets better: wireless stopped working when I installed the XFCE desktop. When I went back and logged in via Gnome, it was right there.

I'm not exactly a linux veteran, but I had no idea that a desktop would interfere with networking.

There's an error message after login, stating that it can't find the computer name and perhaps I should put it in HOSTS. I also just started getting this on my desktop, but it doesn't bother anything else. The address is in HOSTS already.

It's always the silly stuff (for which I'm thankful).

Thanks.