Michael C. Toren on 8 Jun 2007 16:12:09 -0000

Re: [PLUG] Free copy of Parallels Workstation for Linux

On Thu, Jun 07, 2007 at 01:05:23PM -0400, Michael C. Toren wrote:
> Would anyone be interested in trying out the software, and giving a
> presentation to the group on their experiences?  Perhaps comparing
> Parallels to some of the other (both commercial and open source)
> virtualization products?  If so, please contact me privately and I'll
> give you the software key.  If more than one person is interested,
> precedence will go to the person who is willing to commit to a
> presentation date. :-)

Thanks to everyone who wrote back.  Of the people who offered to give
presentations, one was randomly chosen in the #plug IRC channel today,
using a method similar to the one mjd described in his "You can't get
there from here" talk for flipping a coin over the telephone:

	http://perl.plover.com/yak/cs/samples/slide044a.html

This was the first chance I had to put this into practice, which was
fun. :-)

Our winner was Alex Launi, who will be speaking in September at PLUG
Central (and maybe also at PLUG West at a time yet to be decided).

Thanks,
-mct