Michael C. Toren on 7 Jun 2007 17:05:29 -0000

[PLUG] Free copy of Parallels Workstation for Linux

Bonnie from parallels.com has graciously given PLUG a free (as in beer)
copy of their commercial Parallels Workstation product.  Similar to
Parallels Desktop for Mac and VMWare, Parallels Workstation provides the
ability to run a virtual PC on your Linux (or Windows) workstation.

	http://www.parallels.com/en/products/workstation/

	http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Parallels_Workstation

One of the advantages of Parallels Workstation over VMWare appears to
be the drastically reduced price.

Would anyone be interested in trying out the software, and giving a
presentation to the group on their experiences?  Perhaps comparing
Parallels to some of the other (both commercial and open source)
virtualization products?  If so, please contact me privately and I'll
give you the software key.  If more than one person is interested,
precedence will go to the person who is willing to commit to a
presentation date. :-)

Thanks,
-mct