gyoza on 16 Jun 2007 18:04:17 -0000

Re: [PLUG] Circumventor

Matthew Rosewarne wrote:
On Thursday 14 June 2007, gyoza@comcast.net wrote:
Earlier I asked, "Does anyone have a recommendation for an OSS proxy
server that runs on WinXP?" What I really want is a circumventor that
will run under either Linux or WinXP. Preferably WinXP at first.

Now that I found from the discussion what a "cicumventor" is, I think you might want to take a look at Tor. Is that something that would do the job?

I tried Tor, but it routed me through a proxy in Germany. Psiphon is really easy and it works well EXCEPT for Javascript. GGIProxy worked a little better. I'm at the point of running my own Squid or something. ssh is also an option.