Adam J. Zion on 20 Jun 2007 12:51:14 -0000

[PLUG] re: odd networking issue

>As stated earlier in this thread, Shorewall
>is running on the "broken" system; is this  correct?

No; until I troubleshoot it entirely, shorewall is not running- I'm relying on the router's hardware firewall until then.

>What distro are you using?

Mandriva 2007 Spring.

>Could you be kind enough to post a copy of your Shorewall config?

Irrelevant, as shorewall is not currently running.

>Does this machine have multiple nics?

No.

>Often times, these types of problems are
>caused by something painfully simple... but
>finding the 1 or 2 errors is usually a
>tedious task :-P.

Indeed. I'm going to give it until the end of the week before I throw up my hands + wipe.

Adam Zion, MCSE+I

Have you noticed how people's intellectual curiosity declines sharply the moment they start waving guns about? * Doctor Who