Art Alexion on 10 Jul 2007 03:20:40 -0000

[PLUG] [slightly OT] (Mac OS X) Is it me or can't you do this with Linux?

I work in a windows shop.  We have been informed by our PC vendor that only
Vista will be available as of January.  As IS and the users will all be
forced into a change, we decided to explore non-MS alternatives, including
Linux distros with windows-looking interfaces and Mac OS.

We figured we'd try to install OS X (10.4.2) in a virtual machine and test it
out with the app servers we will have to keep for the time being.  I have
some Mac install discs that came with out iBook, but it doesn't seem that
they are ISO 9660 as k3b won't recognize the source discs.

Is it me or are the Mac install discs not ISO 9660?

And, what suggestions for a Linux desktop distro that minimizes the shock to
reluctant converts from windows?

Art Alexion

Keyserver: hkp://subkeys.pgp.net
alarm.  Info @