sean finney on 10 Jul 2007 18:30:36 -0000

Re: [PLUG] trivia help

heya,

On Tuesday 10 July 2007 01:15:34 Rich Stevens wrote:
> I was reading djb's 2004 MCS 494 final exam (
> http://cr.yp.to/2004-494/1209.pdf). Problem 2, 5, and 7 really have me
> going (because i think i understand these scenarios)

> Any Ideas?  Try to only give small hints so that the less gifted of us
> still have a chance.

to give some hints:

2 - don't think about what you'd need to have in evil.c, since a simple unix
command could do the equivalent trick.   another hint: this couldn't be done
if the script used /root/new-configs :)

5 - this one has bitten practically everyone who's ever used find+xargs more
than once.  think about what the "free variable" in this equation is (i.e.,
what's not completely in your control).  take a read through "man xargs" if
you're still stumped; there's an option that might give you a good hint.

7 - this is really just a variation of problem 5.  repeat the above process.

	sean