Michael Bevilacqua on 10 Jul 2007 15:04:43 -0000

[PLUG] Streaming Radio Talk Notes and Thank You

Thank you to Unisys in Blue Bell for hosting last night's talk on Streaming Radio and to everyone who attended. Also, I did finally hear from Representative Bob Mensch. He was regretfully held up in Harrisburg due to this current budget fiasco and could not get away to discuss the CRB/RIAA Policy issues he is very much aware of.

For more about this issue, there is a Wikipedia article here:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Internet_radio

If you read down to the "2007 Copyright Royality Changes" section you will see the following which answers a question brought up last night:

"The rates include a minimum fee of $500 (U.S.) per year, per channel, with escalating fees for each song played."

I urge you to check out SaveNetRadio.org

Meeting notes are here:

http://bevilacqua.us/LinuxStreamingTalk

--
Michael D. Bevilacqua