Antony P Joseph on 10 Jul 2007 19:53:56 -0000

Re: [PLUG] rpm -Va using apt = debsums

Hi

>  > tripwire
>  > http://sourceforge.net/projects/tripwire/
>
> I knew I would forget to mention something...
>

> and is not cryptographically secure, etc.  But it's better than nothing,
> it can be used with no prior preparation (as when you get that phone
> call from a friend, "Hey, something odd happened..."), and it may be
> useful if used as an additional *layer* of security.
The advantages I can see for Tripwire like software are it can include
any files including modified configuration files which will be obviously
flagged by debsums or rpm -Va. You can take security data in a USB drive
or another system so compromising the system does not affect the
separately saved security data.

With regards
Antony