jeffv on 27 Jul 2007 22:21:01 -0000

Re: [PLUG] New Philly JavaScript Group

On Fri, 27 Jul 2007 12:55:19 -0400
Art Alexion <art.alexion@verizon.net> wrote:

> Try flashblock for firefox.  You can turn off javascript in the browser
> prefs, but for the latter it may cause navigation problems on some
> sites.

That's pretty much the point.  We who surf without javascript and Flash, for various reasons, have great difficulty viewing web pages.

Flashblock won't be helpful for people who don't run Flash.  And if you don't run Flash, there are way too many sites you simply can't view.  The entire main page is just one Flash file.

Since it's my choice, I just avoid going there anymore.

[adopting Old Man Voice] I remember when frames got big.  Most pages used detection for it and sent you to a non-frames version.  And before that [voice getting shakier], the web didn't HAVE pictures......

My computer has tubes - it's slow but it sounds great!