James Barrett on 5 Sep 2007 04:05:02 -0000

Re: [PLUG] [plug-announce] September 5th, 2007: Presenter Canceled - Fill in?

If there is still a need for someone, I could step up to the plate and give a dual presentation dealing with a kiosk project (which has been occupying my time for the past 9 months) and live-helper (debian-live). To tell you the truth, I was just introduced to live-helper a couple of days ago by Matthew Rosewarne. LH is really simple to use (although not well documented and still a bit buggy) but I'd like to give it a shot.

The presentation would deal with constructing a fully customizable, Live USB disk image which is less than 128MB in size and which defaults to a locked-down version of Iceweasel.

Debian-Live:
http://debian-live.alioth.debian.org/

Elizabeth Bevilacqua wrote:
Hey folks,

Due to unexpected obligations, our speaker this month had to cancel.

Is there anyone who will be available to do a presentation tomorrow
night? Even if just a couple people volunteer to do some quick talks
on things they're working on currently that would be great.

The meeting will become an extended Q&A Session and news sharing
discussion if no one is able to volunteer.

 The meeting will take place from 7-9pm at:

         University of the Sciences in Philadelphia (USP)
         Griffith Hall C
         600 South 43rd Street
         Philadelphia, PA 19104-4495

 USP is located in University City.  Driving directions are
 available at <http://www.phillylinux.org/locations/usp.html>, or
 <http://www.usip.edu/directions/>, both of which have an aerial
 view of the campus buildings.  USP is also easily accessible by
 public transportation.