Claude M. Schrader on 26 Sep 2007 15:58:15 -0000

Re: [PLUG] One Laptop per Child project - Worldwide Linux

On 11:47 Wed 26 Sep     , John Von Essen wrote:
>    I'm not sure how useful this laptop will be to an adult out-of-the-box.
>    I recall it having its own unique OS specifically designed for
>    children, I dont even know if it will have a full featured web browser,
>    etc.,. Will have alot of kiddie games and learning apps though, but at
>    my age, I think I am past that.

It comes with a specialized kid-friendly GUI, but runs Fedora, with many
of the expected apps.
Claude

Applications will include a web browser built on Xulrunner, the run-time
environment used by the Firefox browser; a simple document viewer based
upon Evince; the AbiWord wordprocessor, an RSS reader, an email client,
chat client, VOIP client; a journal a wiki with WYSIWYG editing; a
multimedia authoring and playback environment; a music composition
toolkit, graphics toolkits, games, a shell, and a debugger.

http://www.laptop.org/en/laptop/software/specs.shtml