Matt Mossholder on 4 Oct 2007 11:20:31 -0000

Re: [PLUG] Survey: who drives a stick shift?

On Thu, 2007-10-04 at 02:27 -0400, Matthew Rosewarne wrote:

> %!PS: I'm also fascinated by CVTs, particularly the toroidal CVT of the Nissan
> Murano, though I've not actually driven one.  Anyone driven one?

I have a Nissan Sentra as my communter car, which uses a CVT, and my
mother has a Murano I have driven a bit. They drive my wife nuts,
because they never shift like she would expect. I like it because it is
one less thing to worry about. More like using a joystick, pedal down
and it goes faster, with no gradations of power through the
acceleration. Its user friendly, but counter intuitive for people that
like control.

		--Matt