Brent Saner on 11 Oct 2007 17:58:05 -0000

Re: [PLUG] More info - Gutsy update broke cifs

  • From: "Brent Saner" <brent.saner@gmail.com>
  • To: "Philadelphia Linux User's Group Discussion List" <plug@lists.phillylinux.org>
  • Subject: Re: [PLUG] More info - Gutsy update broke cifs
  • Date: Thu, 11 Oct 2007 13:57:59 -0400
  • Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=beta; h=domainkey-signature:received:received:message-id:date:from:to:subject:in-reply-to:mime-version:content-type:references; bh=VR5+U0IzCgYC3Z+vc4kEcjx18rs8VkelmG+NRfnQlAs=; b=K8xgEfZMdI5Iq626r/LtkAiDR49rbe0JQ5PA8ExQZVF8Qn0ALroIO28PSawQWjJBOJbz2s6TVH1WtsKo/8rQH6oA+4pFOc32EHticLabiPsOA6hvYea3w7WErK4CFXkjMAuie0ekgO+/RaHSIw1gNxHXL4hrpQLG6/4O48HpT1o=
  • Sender: plug-bounces@lists.phillylinux.org

i wonder what version of samba Gutsy uses. samba4 supposedly has AD integrated in... but i think it's still in beta (and to be honest, i'm too lazy to check)

any other problems network-wise? can you ping all of the other boxes on the network?

here's the rundown as i understand it:
all SADMS does is provide a gui to the config changes you'd have to make to kerberos, samba, etc. etc. (i think)
now. my guess is one of these components (samba, kerb., etc.) was updated and the config file updated with it.

so by running SADMS again, you should be able to reconfig the new config files and therefore join the AD again