jeff on 12 Oct 2007 03:24:02 -0000

Re: [PLUG] VMWare Server

Brian Stempin wrote:

> This device cannot be set to auto detect while the virtual machine is
> powered on.
>
> (which is normal, I guess)

Might be...  but I don't remember it that way.
(memory foggy.... advanced age....)

> When trying to connect the device:
>
> Error toggling removable device: Invalid argument.

could be related to above error....?

the logs indicate a lot of powering on and off.  Are you doing this or
does it feel the need for exercise?  I don't see that happening when
looking at the interface.

Can you configure the VM to use the server's local drive or an ISO?
Perhaps changing one variable will shed some light on the errors.

best of luck,
-jeff

-=-=-
... TANSTAAFL