Dan Widyono on 20 Oct 2007 12:48:20 -0000

Re: [PLUG] How best to replace old drive with new drive

jondz points out the multiple partitions issue.  In addition to his/her
troubleshooting steps: Check to make sure you have a faithful copy residing
in /mnt/hda1.  Does /mnt/hda1/bin exist?  What does fdisk -l output regarding
partitions?  What does /mnt/hda1/etc/fstab show, and what does "mount" show?
Do those latter two match?

Another issue: when I chroot and want to do some normal work in the chroot, I
always bind mount /dev and /proc into the chroot area.

	mount -o bind /dev /mnt/hda1/dev
	mount -o bind /proc /mnt/hda1/proc

This makes many many programs work better inside the chroot.

Regards,
Dan W.