Walt Mankowski on 21 Oct 2007 12:10:13 -0000

Re: [PLUG] Mounting an OS X DVD on Linux

On Sat, Oct 20, 2007 at 05:45:43PM -0400, Edward Smola wrote:
> I'm guessing it doesn't like the discs. OS X does this hybrid disc thing
> with burnt media.  Gives you less capacity but should show up as hfs+ on
> osx and iso9660 on whatever else.  Resource forks and original filename
> limits were the original reason for this but now it is a nifty feature that
> let's ppl only show what they want per os. Software cd/DVD's can show just
> the installer or files for windows or os x.

Well, I was able to mount the new iWord '08 DVD with "-t hfsplus", so
it's clearly something with the disk.  I'll have to do some
experimenting this week with some other disks and/or options and see
if I can get it to work.

Walt