jeff on 27 Oct 2007 02:33:06 -0000

Re: [PLUG] non-nerdy ... a non-rant

JP Vossen wrote:
> Not a 100% answer to your specific criteria, but some may be close
> enough.  I highly recommend the book, it tries to address all of the
> backup related issues and questions you mentioned.

Thanks for the suggestions.  The book looks very interesting - I'm going
to order it.

Having said that (and not addressing you personally), checking around
further illustrates my point.  My non-rant was not an appeal for
software so much as pointing out the difficulty I faced trying to find a
solution.

It's all rather a lot to just back up some files, eh?

>From the perspective of a linux backup newbie, most of the software I've
seen is ridiculously complex or kludgey.  Imagine having to set up a
server to do backups... or pull... or a web server....

I dl'd a few scripts, which I suppose are going to be my intro to
scripting.  Yes, another thing I've never done in lin.  Imagine the
impending rant :)