Chuckk Hubbard on 2 Nov 2007 22:41:31 -0000

Re: Top posting and quoting (was Re: [PLUG] Hauppauge PVR-500 capture...)

  • From: "Chuckk Hubbard" <badmuthahubbard@gmail.com>
  • To: "Philadelphia Linux User's Group Discussion List" <plug@lists.phillylinux.org>
  • Subject: Re: Top posting and quoting (was Re: [PLUG] Hauppauge PVR-500 capture...)
  • Date: Sat, 3 Nov 2007 00:41:21 +0200
  • Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=beta; h=domainkey-signature:received:received:message-id:date:from:to:subject:in-reply-to:mime-version:content-type:references; bh=LQYexKMlO6MHZ928fthoRrGExBNDfFy2nyTm/oMEQUs=; b=BLO4YQD1I9cPzDibsj0J57kK2x63YDAvrMmnsU6qdmrND63rfby1ezDHarkDLzL+KCQo36rL4Ki4F/VW+DfrdQm6ZEjMP3k1Ybsy2VmVmcWtAx0Ij5ff5+1avqkLOuNcHKhTG4TIvWq1gxSH5MZ8nGaD5tDyLspQcg6c3L2/+qA=
  • Sender: plug-bounces@lists.phillylinux.org

The aversion some people have against top-posting is anything but universal.  In some ways it is far more annoying to have to scroll down in a post full of quoted text to find where someone says "I agree," or what have you.
It is not *that* hard to read.  It's fine if you don't like it, but a list devoted to software based on freedom and choice should welcome all options, especially when those options are familiar to internet users.  Try reading a blog where all the new posts go at the bottom.

-Chuckk