Eugene Smiley on 2 Nov 2007 23:24:44 -0000

Re: Top posting and quoting (was Re: [PLUG] Hauppauge PVR-500 capture...)

Chuckk Hubbard wrote:
The aversion some people have against top-posting is anything but universal. In some ways it is far more annoying to have to scroll down in a post full of quoted text to find where someone says "I agree," or what have you.

But notice how concise it IS if you edit the message to ONLY quote what you are replying to? Sure I could top post this and it wouldn't be hard to read, but the worthless untrimmed cruft that doesn't forward the topic has already gone through hundreds of servers. Don't send it again...

My way of saying I agree AND proving it.