Mike Leone on 3 Nov 2007 01:48:00 -0000

Re: [PLUG] PhillyLinux.org/net/com Registration Renewal Donations

Eugene Smiley wrote:
> Mark Baker wrote:
>> Just curious, why the $10 limit?
>
> Makes sense to me. Imagine someone donates $50 and a huge flame war
> breaks out. One might conceivably feel entitled to take their ball (i.e.
> their share of the domain names they paid for) and go home. Setting a
> limit makes it more equitable. Less likely one would feel entitled. :)

How could they do that? The money is given to Mike and Elizabeth, and
registered to them. If I got annoyed, there would be no way for me to
take "my" share of the domain name, and "go home". The only people who
could make changes to the domain names would be the registered owners.
And that ain't me. :-)