Matt Mossholder on 3 Nov 2007 01:26:29 -0000

Re: Top posting and quoting (was Re: [PLUG] Hauppauge PVR-500 capture...)

The gotcha with the bottom posting mentality is that is assumes that I
have no recollection of the proceeding message, even if I just read it.
Considering that most mailers these days do threading, it is a pretty
bad assumption that I need a remind of what people are talking bout with
every message in the thread.

If I was going to campaign for something, it wouldn't be bottom posting,
it would be trimming, because the absolute worst thing someone can do it
not trim, and then bottom post. It is both a waste of space, and a royal
pain in the butt to get to the point of the message. If the message is
appropriately trimmed, then top or bottom posting is pretty much just a
matter of preference, and not worth complaining about.

		--Matt