Matthew Rosewarne on 5 Nov 2007 04:04:27 -0000

Re: [PLUG] VMWare workstation on Gutsy host

On Sunday 04 November 2007, K.S. Bhaskar wrote:
> [KSB] When it works, VMware works decently.  But sometimes, it needs
> to be patched (the series of vmware-any-any updates) to work.  And
> sometimes, the kernel modules just fail to compile, especially for
> some weeks after a gcc update.  It's a royal pain when that happens
> twice a year.

I know it's a dead horse I'm beating here, but one big reason I switched from
VMWare to QEMU was because of the numerous problems (and efforts required to
solve them) that I ran into with VMWare's kernel modules.  It really is much
easier to get working, since it's already packaged and ready in most cases.