Matthew Rosewarne on 5 Nov 2007 19:28:22 -0000

Re: [PLUG] VMWare workstation on Gutsy host

On Monday 05 November 2007, K.S. Bhaskar wrote:
> [KSB] QEMU works as an emulator.  But the kernel module works about 5%
> of the time (optimistic estimate) and rest of the time it just hangs,
> or my virtual machine goes into an endless boot cycle.  So I have my
> choice of slow and reliable, or faster and very flaky.  I tried kvm,
> and it doesn't seem to be any better than the QEMU kernel module.  So.
> I'm stuck with VMWare for now.

That's unfortunate.  I'm guessing those problems must be either redhat or
hardware related, since I've never had anything but success running it on
Debian.  Can't speak for KVM though, as I don't have any desktops with VT.