jeff on 8 Nov 2007 23:27:02 -0000

[PLUG] remote-ish mail

I get mail on 5 different machines using POP.  I understand I should be
using IMAP but it's not an option.

I figured out how to ssh and pass video, opening Thunderbird remotely
from the main machine.  It's ungodly slow, plus it tends to quit more
often than work.  x11vnc does a decent job but also occasionally cuts
off.  Today it quit and when I checked, it told me there was a different
serial number in the stream.  It was certainly the same computer I was
using to access it, so I'm a bit confused.

That aside, would I be better off running either a server proper on the
main machine, or something like pine, with no graphics, that I can ssh
into and read, hoping it won't drop the connection?

Will pine read the Thunderbird format?  I'd prefer to keep this as light
and uncomplicated as possible (mra,mua,MRE,postfix,prefix, and suffix).

Thankee.

-=-=-
... Windows - it's not an operating system; it's a virus