Paul L . Snyder on 11 Nov 2007 18:59:22 -0000

[PLUG] Mark your calendar: iSCSI talk at PLUG West on Thursday

This month's PLUG West talk should be interesting: Jim Trocki will be
presenting on iSCSI.  I'll send out the formal announcement to the
plug-announce list on Monday.

Here's Jim's pitch for the presentation:

  This presentation is an introduction to the capabilities of iSCSI and

  its Linux implementation. iSCSI can serve as an effective alternative

  to Fiber Channel for storage networks by allowing hosts to communicate

  with storage devices at a block level over common Ethernet equipment. It

  provides high throughput, flexible configuration options, and can reduce

  costs by leveraging several things: existing system and IP networking

  infrastructure equipment, engineer skill bases, and the economies of

 scale in the IP networking device industry.

Jim has a long drive to get to and from the meeting, so I hope that
we'll have a good turn-out for this talk.  The presentation will start
at 7:00, rather than 8:00, to accommodate Jim's drive.

Paul